Friday, September 12, 2008

Summer Highlights

Lately the scent of fall has been in the air here in Kentucky. Summer seems to be coming to an end for the Bluegrass. Summer time is always such a busy time for my business. This summer has been so exciting! I was hired to do so many great shoots. Three shoots stand out in my mind as my favorites. I just wanted to share them with you.

I was hired this summer by the Chronicle of the Horse to take photos at Hagyard-Davidson and McGee Equine Medical Hospital, http://www.hagyard.com/ The article was for the “Behind the Barn  Doors” series into one of the largest equine medical facilities in the world. The experience was amazing! I was able to witness orthopedic surgeries, colic surgeries, MRI machines in use, and removal of a tumor on a mare’s uterus, hypobaric chambers, and ICU barns. To see this article look at you’re July 4th, 2008 copy of the magazine.













Another summer highlight was a commercial shoot that I did for a new company called ProRide Horse Transportation, http://www.proridetransport.com/index.html. Owners Stacy and Keith Newsome were absolutely wonderful people. If you ever need to have your horse transported anywhere in the country I highly recommend that you call them. They will take care of your horse as if they were their own. I can’t say enough about them.









For the past three summers I have been hired as the Official Breyerfest photographer. I have been a Breyer Horse Model collector since I was two years old. Shooting for Breyer has been a dream come true for me. This year the editor of JAH (Just About Horses) Arlene Newman wrote a daily blog from Breyerfest. If you want to see some of my images from Breyerfest, Click here http://www.breyerhorses.com/blog/ to check out the highlights of this amazing event! 

There were so many other great shoots that I did this summer but do not have time to write about all of them. Thank you to all my clients who hired me for photographs over the summer.

Jennifer Munson

No comments: